Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

How to install Blackthorne on Win 7 a...

Blackthorne Discussion Group » Blackthorne Pro » Archive through August 23, 2011 » How to install Blackthorne on Win 7 across All users « Previous Next »

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

sidney benchetrit (sabbashop)
Intermediate Member
Username: sabbashop

Post Number: 286
Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 01:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Hi Guys

We running on a network with over 10 client machines and have just recently started upgrading to Windows 7 Professional. We have a domain server and the user accounts are based around active directory. When performing a Blackthorne installation using our Windows XP systems, we would login with an administrative account and perform the installation. All staff could then login to their accounts and Blackthorne would be setup, database and all. With Windows 7 Iím finding that I need to configure the database for each staff account. What is the proper method of installing Blackthorne on a domain, where the active directory users will be logging in? How can I ensure a one-time install and have it work for all users ? Currently if I install via my administrative account, Blackthorne launches but asks the user to walk through the wizard, and manually connect through switch database, rather than just opening the pre-configured database as it did with XP.
Thanks,

Sid

Luke Chaney (lchaney)
Username: lchaney

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 07:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Hello,

I would like to implement a setup similar to what you have set up on XP. Anyone know where I can find info on how to incorporate Active Directory or LDAP into the login process in a networked environment?

Thanks
Luke

Clark Frazier (cfrphoto)
Username: cfrphoto

Post Number: 2693

Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 11:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

On a domain, use SQL Server. You can run the SQL Server service on a domain service account and domain user accounts, once added to SQL Server, can use Blackthorne from any system on the domain. However, make sure that settings and other non-database files used by Blackthorne are not buried in some user profile not accessible by other users.

Clark Frazier
clarkphilatelics

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page