Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Unable to upload pictures to my web s...

Blackthorne Discussion Group » Blackthorne Basic » Unable to upload pictures to my web space for eBay: Error 530 « Previous Next »

Start New Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Nunes (rushton)
Username: rushton

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I've been using Basic for many years now, with no problem. Now, after a 1 year hiatus, I am once again attempting to list things on eBay. I've updated to the latest version, etc., but I can't get pictures to go from the listing template up to my web space- the ftp function isn't working. When I go to "options", and test the connection, I repeatedly get an error message that states "ftp protocol error: 530" Peter Nunes cannot log in. I've reset passwords, username, etc., and worked with Godaddy support, all to no avail. What can I do? eBay support has been no help whatsoever, despite well over an hour on the phone and live chat with them. Thanks.

B. A. Murry (bam)
Username: bam

Post Number: 14452

Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

......ftp protocol error: 530" Peter Nunes cannot log in. I've reset passwords, username, etc., and worked with Godaddy support,

Assume you do have available space there.
Checked current firewall settings with eB? Help-Support-Connection.

No problem?

List exactly your Picture Host entries.
With screenshots of the tabs. Post jpgs using the Upload Attachment button.

Any old pics at your host site now? URLs?

Peter Nunes (rushton)

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 01:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Yes, oodles of space, almost nothing there at all, no website or anything. Godaddy claims all is well with access, etc., on their end.

I have no problem signing into, and bidding on, eBay. There may be a few old pictures from former ebay auctions I've run, but I have always been careful to delete them after auctions are over.

B. A. Murry (bam)

Post Number: 14454

Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 01:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

....I have no problem signing into, and bidding on, eBay.

This has nothing to do with eB (Blackthorne) connecting with eBay OR your host site.

Ever use an FTP program to upload pics to your host?

Again, your actual PH settings?

Peter Nunes (rushton)

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 01:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I used cute ftp for many years until going to Seller's assistant maybe 8(?) years ago, since then I've used the built in ftp capacity of the program. I've checked with Godaddy, reset my user name, password, etc., yet still there is no result. My picture host settings are my username, peternunes, my password, and cogcounters.com, my web address.

B. A. Murry (bam)

Post Number: 14455

Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 01:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Still have Cute? Have old settings from it? Tried old/new settings to connect to your host?

I don't know what GoDaddy entries should be.

You may need some current eB and GoDaddy user to actually SEE your settings....in PH screenshots.

So that they might recognize a problem/whatever.

Pictures attract attention.

Peter Nunes (rushton)

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 02:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

No, cute went away several computers ago. I honestly don't know what you mean by screenshots- pardon my ignorance.

Peter Nunes (rushton)

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 02:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Do you mean photos of that screen?

Peter Nunes (rushton)

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 03:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I just spent another half hour on the phone with Godaddy support- we changed my password again, tested everything thoroughly, and from their end everything is fine, so they say. Something in my computer is preventing me from communicating.

Peter Nunes (rushton)

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 04:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I just had a call from a fellow at Blackthorne, thank you. He tried to get to my web space using his version of Basic, from his computer, and also failed. This makes me think there is something wrong at the Godaddy end of things, so I will call them again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page